Experienced Procurement professional required for interim role within the Public Sector.
Your new company
Our client, a public sector organisation located in Belfast city centre, are recruiting an experienced Procurement Advisor for a contract role. This interim position will be until May 2019.
Your new role
Reporting to the Procurement Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all procurement activity is in line with best practice and compliant with public procurement policy and any other relevant legislative requirements
- Building and maintaining working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ensure an early, proactive involvement in the procurement of supplies, services and works
- Gather and utilities market intelligence to inform procurement decisions through the delivery of intuitive, commercially astute advice
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure the development of fit for purpose scopes and specifications
- Assist the Category Manager in the development of sourcing strategies to meet the Group’s corporate operational requirements
- Advice management on managing supplier performance and compliance with agreed service levels- and on taking remedial action as required
- Ensure that CSR obligations are adhered to
- Participate in collaborative projects and cross sector initiatives
- Deliver sustainable procurement and incorporate environmental considerations into procurement decisions as appropriate
- Support continuous improvement in the procurement methods and tools utilised across the Group
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisations equality duties as well as specific commitments associated with your job role
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of procurement in a large organisation, preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the public sector
- Knowledge and application of contract drafting and commercial terms and conditions
- Studying CIPS level 4 with a minimum of two years procurement experience
- Strong Microsoft skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance and conduct
What you’ll get in return
- Contract position with an immediate start until May 2019
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.