Location UK / Lisburn
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £55000 - 65000
Updated 7 days ago
On behalf of my client, we are currently seeking an experienced Plant Manager.
With a minimum of 5 years experience in operation of electrical and mechanical equipment, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Ensuring safe, reliable and commercially sound operation of the plant across all shifts
* Monitoring and operation of 2 to 5 GEJ 620 reciprocating gas engines, with electrical capacity of 3 MW each
* Monitoring and operation of a carbon dioxide production unit
* Monitoring and operation of absorption chillers
* Monitoring and operation of other equipment, such as heat recovery steam generators
* Making plant load related and other operational decisions according to the relevant standard operating procedures or as directed by the central dispatch unit
* Ensuring proper housekeeping in the plant, including the cleaning of the site and equipment
* Monitoring automated chemical analysis equipment and performing basic chemical analyses for the assurance of the quality of the carbon dioxide
* Keeping accurate electronic and paper records to comply with the company’s internal systems and procedures and the local, country-specific rules and regulations
* Overseeing all aspects of operations at the plant site.
* Operation and monitoring of a Planned Preventive Maintenance Programme
* Identification and correction of simple malfunctions of the CHP module, absorption chillers and carbon dioxide production unit
* Performance of planned maintenance on the gas engines according to GEJ maintenance schedule. This typically includes inspections, maintenance on valve clearance, ignition system, regulating rods, throttle valves, actuators, gas trains, oil filter inserts, crankcase vents, and pre-chamber gas valves.
* Performance of planned maintenance on the carbon dioxide production unit. This will typically include various inspections, replacement of oil in carbon dioxide compressors, replacement of activated carbon in carbon filters, replacement of activated alumina in dehydrators, cleaning of various components, such as exhauster impellers, the fins of electric motors, strainers and nozzles in scrubbing systems
* Performance of similar inspections and planned maintenance activities on other equipment, such as absorption chillers, heat recovery steam generators, etc.
* Overseeing all aspects of maintenance at the site
* Commercial & business matters
* Will need to understand all of the commercial agreements, sales to CCH under the local agreement, external power sales, and external CO2 sales and maximize the commercial opportunities available to the business.
* Will be responsible for minimizing the operating cost both variable and fixed while still operating the plant to the highest standards and within the companies operation and maintenance procedures.
* Will be responsible for ensuring the plant is operated and maintained in order to comply with all of the legal and regulatory conditions as stated in the operating licence and other related documents and permits.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.