Would you like to work in Northern Irelands leading media company?
MCS is currently looking for an experienced PHP developer looking to move into a managerial role.
This is a one in a million opportunity to get a chance to completely pave the way in a brand-new role for the development of technology in this company. Our client is looking for a leader, a great communicator and an innovator to develop a brand-new re-structuring of the company’s technical side.
The Technology Manager will provide day-to-day oversight of their outsourced technology partners and play a key role in how they develop and evolve their platforms going forward.
Working with internal stakeholders, the role holder will devise and lead the implementation of technical plans to continue to improve our systems across our portfolio of classified products.
The Technology Manager will have a development background and will provide technical guidance and expertise to commercial, support and management teams.
- To oversee the technical development and support of our portfolio of classified websites, apps, admin systems and software as well as oversee the management of the platforms that host those products
- To set consistent standards for development practices and processes
- To work closely with the in-house product team and external suppliers to define and estimate the technical scope of projects
- To assist with and review project budgeting, scheduling and technical specifications against overall business needs and budget
- To agree development milestones and schedule with the product team while organising standups
- To ensure quality control of the technical delivery of complete projects and new features, assisting with release/deployment planning
- To review and improve QA processes, assist developers with testing and provide technical sign off before roll out
- To provide and review technical documentation, including detailed specs, and lead code reviews
- To review in-house tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose, and improve internal processes and communication to foster a more agile, efficient, result-driven and commercially-focused culture, in collaboration with the Digital Development Manager
- To use analytical skills to identify and resolve coding, development and/or process issues in collaboration with third party developers
- To investigate incidents, operating to an agreed timeline for resolution, and regularly review third party performance
- To ensure regular audits and penetration testing are carried out
- To keep well informed of industry best practices and share new knowledge to improve processes, technology, and performance
- To perform other duties on occasion as required by the Head of Digital
The role requires:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a lead developer or supervisory role.
- Previous experience in producing secure, compliant commercial websites/apps, with complex business logic and integration.
- Knowledge of Cloud Based services
- Strong experience with source control and automated deployments system
- A good understanding of/experience in responsive design
- Agile methodology
- Proven experience of project management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study for software development (or equivalent)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Daryl Crothers, IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.