Thompson Aero Seating is recognized for cutting edge design, engineering and manufacture of premium business-class, full flat-bed airline seating.
We have a number of fantastic opportunities for Mechanical Design Engineers to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company, with a global reputation for quality and excellence.
Working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Using research, analytical, conceptual planning skills and computer-aided design;
- Design of new products within a project team
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Design Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Manufacturing or Engineering discipline
- Strong IT skills, particularly computer-aided design
- Experience using Catia V5/V6 would be advantageous
- A high level of technical and scientific knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical problems;
- Good oral communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, contractors, designers, directors and production operatives.
- Precise and concise written communication skills
- Creative ability
- The ability to work under pressure
- Organisational skills, such as time and resource planning
How to Apply:
Please apply by completing our application form & return using the link below.
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunities employer