Vickerstock are working alongside a renowned NI based Mechanical & Electrical contractor to recruit an experienced Mechanical Contracts Manager. Salary £35-45k & Travel & Benefits.
Vickerstock are working alongside a renowned Northern Ireland based Mechanical & Electrical contractor to recruit an experienced Mechanical Contracts Manager to join their close-knit family orientated company.
Due to internal and external expansion plans and continued project success this unique opportunity will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work on high end, bespoke multimillion pound projects throughout the UK and Ireland.
With over 30+ years in operation, this is an ideal position for a career driven individual to learn and build their experiences from the most experienced business in the industry.
Mechanical Contracts Manager Duties:
- Co-ordinate and supervision of all the activities of all specialist and subcontracted trade and disciples involved on site.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of all mechanical service including heating, plumbing, ventilation and A/C.
- Extensive knowledge of all current mechanical regulations including Health and safety and CDM.
- Ensure all operations are performed effectively and efficiently in accordance with the company’s construction program.
- An ability to negotiate price, delivery, scheduling and purchase requisitions for all materials & equipment required to maintain overall project timeframes.
- Responsibility for own Health & Safety, while maintaining the safety of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions while carrying out duties at work.
- Taking extensive notes on H&S, risk assessment and method statements.
- Attendance to all meetings with clients, contractors and other professionals including structural engineers, mechanical services design engineers, builders, architects and surveyors.
- Present detailed written reports on overall project progression to clients and contractors when required.
- Liaise and maintain professional working relations with clients, contractors, consultants and suppliers throughout employment.
Mechanical Contracts Manager Criteria:
- Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Building Services 3rd level degree qualification or relevant HND/HNC construction related qualification. Time served as Plumbing/Pipefitting or
- 3+ years’ Mechanical Contracts Manger experience within the construction industry.
- First-hand experience working on mechanical installation projects £2+ million.
- NEBOSH desirable.
For additional information on this opportunity contact Melody Humphreys on 02890313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.