Excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer based in Monkstown
Department : Operations
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Monkstown, Northern Ireland
Welcome to CDE Global
CDE Global is the leading provider of wet processing equipment for quarries, mines and recycling operations on the global market. The CDE equipment range has applications across a wide range of materials and is delivering significant efficiencies in the construction and recycling, mining, specialist industrial sands and environmental sectors.
Working across 5 industry sectors and 8 strategic regions globally, CDE has been co-creating with customers for over 20 years. The team has been widely recognised for challenging the paradigm of traditional washing equipment supply and delivering collaborative, imaginative and unique processing systems. Our team thrives in an environment where people are genuinely empowered to lead and deliver highly strategic and innovative projects.
CDE Global is now seeking to appoint a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. Reporting directly to the Planning Manager, and working collaboratively with all other parts of the business.
This is a new position, based in Monkstown, Northern Ireland.
To improve the efficiency of our operations from Supply chain through to final hand over to the Customer
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, and materials conferring with all relevant personnel both internally and externally; soliciting observations from operators to improve the efficiency of the processes
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods; conferring with all relevant personnel both internally and externally
- Improves assembly efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, labour and layouts to ensure maximum use of labour and space to build a quality product in the shortest possible time
- Evaluate the design of all new and existing parts to ensure they are designed for easy assembly to help ensure right fit first time in the most efficient manner
- Implementing Best Practice Standard Work onto Shop floor
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles including capacity balancing, 5S, Poke Yoke etc.
- Coordination of Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance Departments to establish / implement containment and route cause fixes to manufacturing issues
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Help to build loading models to ensure assemblies are loaded safely, securely an efficiently
- Work towards the vision of only assembling as much to be able to put into a container
- Ensure the processes of efficient breakdown of machines once completed to minimise the time in the bay on non-productive time through planning, organisation and training
- Evaluates just in time processes both from our suppliers and also to the Assembly facility
- Plan, coordinate and implement with suppliers the most efficient and cost effective production methods required to manufacture sub-components
- Evaluates the design of all new and existing parts to ensure they are designed for manufacture to help ensure right fit first time in the most efficient manner
- Understand the cost makeup of sub components and evaluate against various suppliers working with them to ensure they are manufactured using the most efficient processes
- Standardisation of various components and sub components to reduce lead times and help supplier’s capacity balancing while retaining our bespoke nature
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Lean manufacturing methodology knowledge and use
- Manufacturing methods and procedures experience
- Fabrication knowledge would be advantageous
- Precision engineering knowledge would be advantageous
- Product design knowledge would be advantageous
- Solidworks knowledge would be advantageous
- Leadership qualities
- 3rd level education with a relevant engineering degree
- Relevant engineering experience through on the job experience
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical, quick thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbally and written
- Work under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment
- Use own initiative and be highly self-motivated
- Be decisive and follow through on decisions made
- Be proficient with Excel and other IT packages
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Dependable and reliable
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Dealing with Complexity
- Manufacturing Quality
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines
- Able to prioritize work load and quickly establish critical path activities
- Able to investigate root cause of process non-performance.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button and forward your CV.
Closing date 20th August.
CDE are a global company and welcome applicants from all countries and backgrounds. Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
We are an equal opportunities employer.