Vickerstock is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer for our Client who is based in the Coalisland Area
Vickerstock is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician for our Client who is based in the Coalisland Area. The Maintenance Technican will support the Maintenance Manager in the achievement of their objectives for preventative maintenance and process improvements.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- The installation, servicing and maintenance of a wide range of production plant and machinery.
- Setting up of machinery and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Special machinery based projects as required, new installations and upgrading.
- Updating and recording all maintenance activities as required via computerized and manual records.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation and repair of machinery.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance and follow up documentation in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Operate different hand tools, power tools and welding equipment.
- Respond to all floor emergencies or breakdowns to troubleshoot and complete any repairs or installations needed.
- Perform building maintenance and repairs to lights, doors, plumbing, bathroom fixtures, electrical systems, and boiler systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the fire and alarm systems. Complete weekly reports on all systems as required. Respond to general alarm calls.
- Provide training to employees on machine guarding, and safety.
- Keep up-to-date on all legislative requirements.
The Maintenance must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Completion of a secondary school education is required with a 3-4 year relevant apprenticeship program resulting in the completion of a trade certification along with two years of experience in the trade, preferably within an industrial background.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively in order to meet deadlines is critical in this role
- Hands on approach to problems solving and results driven.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a wide range of people in different departments and organizations (e.g. clients, contractors, co-workers, government agencies)
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, dirty/dusty environments, confined spaces, severe weather, and noisy areas, along with flexibility in working hours
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and repairing manufacturing equipment is beneficial
- Full clean drivers licence required.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence send an updated CV via the link on the page
By applying for this role you accept the terms of processing.