Exciting opportunity for an Intermediate PQS to join an experienced Quantity Surveying Consultancy based in Belfast. Salary £25-30k.
Job title: Intermediate PQS – Education & Commercial
Salary Range: £25,000 – £30,000.
Location: Belfast based, minimal travel required.
Vickerstock are working with a leading commercial project management and surveying company based in the Belfast area to recruit an experienced Intermediate PQS to join their growing team.
Specialising in providing expert Quantity Surveying, Cost Management and Design consultancy in the commercial, educational and residential/housing sectors, this would be an ideal position for a PQS with contractor and/or consultancy experience to gain further experience and career progression opportunities.
Intermediate PQS Responsibilities:
- To work alongside the Cost Management team and co-operate with, and implement the reasonable directives of the Company Director.
- To give contractual advice on tender documentation, undertake pre-contract negotiations and assist in the settlement of tenders.
- Attending Site Meetings, Preparing Interim Valuations, Financial Reports and site measurement.
- To handle the day to day commercial administration of various contracts as well as ensure the financial success of construction operations.
- To develop and maintain management systems that ensure contract requirements are fulfilled in an appropriate manner as to ensure the company’s position in its various activities.
- To deploy and manage commercial staff to ensure the effective and efficient completion of final accounts in the best interest of the client company.
- The Auditing of Measured Terms Contracts.
- Production of Bills of Quantities.
Intermediate PQS Criteria:
- Quantity Surveyor third level qualification or construction related discipline.
- 2+ years residential and educational QS experience working within a consultancy.
- 3+ years QS experience working with a contractor
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent use of all Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A full and valid driving licence is beneficial.
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Paul McGinn for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.