CMB Recruitment has been retained by a leading business within the Aerospace industry as they seek to strengthen their Health & Safety Department.
Health & Safety Specialist
Salary: £30-35k DOE
CMB Recruitment has been retained by a leading business within the Aerospace industry as they seek to strengthen their Health & Safety Department. The business is a global leader and specialise in the design and manufacture of components for multiple industrial sectors with primary focus on the Aerospace industry.
The Health and safety specialist will play critical role in identifying, coordinating and driving health and safety compliance and ensuring all EHS legislations are being adhered to.
- Ensure the delivery of safety performance is in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives.
- Provide advice, support and guidance on all matters relating to health, safety and the environment.
- Support accident / incident investigations and reports, carry out trend / root cause analysis, and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or arrange training programs / courses in accordance with global EHS training requirements.
- Maintain the records, documents and standards required for ISO14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and third party audits.
- Conduct internal audits / site inspections, and liaise with external auditors / external bodies in surveillance audits / inspections when needed.
- Liaise with department managers / supervisors to create, issue, and review risk assessments / safe systems of work, advising H&S guidelines when new processes are being implemented.
- Promote safe working practices across the site, while finding effective solutions to any EHS issues found.
- Interact with the Occupational Health provider as required to offer site specific health and safety information to support the health surveillance function.
Experience & Education
- NEBOSH General Certificate or higher
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of H&S requirements in Aerospace manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of H&S compliance legislation
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and Environmental Management
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
On offer there is a very competative salary, health and pension package. If you require further info please contact Glenda at CMB Recruitment.