McQuillan Companies is an NI family owned business which incorporates a diverse range of activities including civil engineering, highway maintenance, quarrying, hazardous and non hazardous waste and winter services.
John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd is seeking a motivated individual to perform repairs to construction plant and perform scheduled safety checks. The successful candidate will maintain equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance, correcting vehicle deficiencies and keeping accurate records.
Duties will include:
- Keep equipment available by completing preventive maintenance, installing component and part upgrades and controlling corrosion
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling and assembling major assemblies, components and parts
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems
- Comply with legislative vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting
- Keep workshop equipment working by following operating instructions
- Contain costs by using warranties, evaluating service and parts options
- Visit sites to carry out repairs
- Any other duties deemed within the scope of the job title
Candidates should possess the following:
- Full UK Driving License
- NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on large plant and small tools
- Be able to determine vehicle condition by inspections
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a quarry and construction environment
Closing date for applications is Friday 24 August.