Fleet and Industry Relations Manager job (Europe)
Your new company
A fantastic job opportunity to join a leading firm as a Fleet and Industry Relations Manager (Europe) to play a highly visible role in developing and executing on a key global growth initiative.
Your new role
- Commercial fleet trends – understand fleets trends and top of mind issues (e.g. regulatory, operational, maintenance, etc.) and the impact to fleets, the broader value chain as well as the telematics and vehicle/equipment system ecosystem.
- Commercial fleet needs – regularly engage fleets and conduct a needs assessment and discover the voice of customer to understand critical-to-quality requirements. Communicate fleet requirements, application value, adoption drivers, buying process, payback models, purchasing criteria, and use cases to the broader team.
- Commercial fleet advisory board – develop and manage a fleets advisory board comprised of industry experts to provide strategic guidance and perspectives on the market, industry trends and company products and solutions.
- Fleet trade organizations – participate in trade conferences and committees to establish brands and expertise. (e.g. product demonstrations, conference speaking engagements, committee leadership, etc.)
- Standards and regulations – influence and interpret the impact of standards and regulations related to commercial fleets and the products the company offers to commercial fleets. (e.g. SAE, ISO, European Commission, etc.)
- Commercial fleet segmentation – develop and maintain a commercial fleet market segmentation and define adoption drivers and a value proposition for each segment for prioritized sensor applications.
- Product development – support product development by working closely with engineering and product management to translate fleet needs to product requirements.
- Product testing & validation – seek continuous fleet input throughout the development and validation process to confirm product acceptance following tests and demos
- Sales & channel marketing support – engage in consultative sales and channel marketing support with fleets as needed; work closely with the team members to develop and implement engagement plans for high value fleets, including proposals, quotes, negotiation, etc.
What you’ll need to succeed
- B.S. degree in engineering, business management or related field preferred
- 10+ years of direct commercial trucking fleet experience; ideal candidate will have experience in fleets operations, maintenance and/or logistics
- In-depth knowledge of commercial fleet management combined with familiarity with standards and regulations impacting the trucking industry
- Ability to leverage a broad network of contacts throughout the trucking industry in order to mobilise and lead a fleet advisory board
- Strong understanding of fleet telematics systems and value proposition
- Experience with product development or new technology introduction
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional environment and deliver results despite the ambiguity and complexity typically associated with emerging markets
- Demonstrated public speaking skills with the ability to exhibit executive presence and establish credibility with an audience
- Structured thinking with analytical skills
- Desire to make a significant impact in a high growth environment
- Energetic, collaborative, self-motivated and autonomous
- Willingness to travel as required in Europe
- Strong computer skills
What you’ll get in return
- An opportunity to work with a leading firm
- A competitive salary
- Benefits package
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.