Financial Trading Analyst - 2 years - Belfast - £negotiable
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Top 100 FMCG organisation based in Belfast for a Financial Trading Analyst. This is a Fixed Term contract for 2 years and will be an enjoyable, broad and fast-paced commercial role which will be based in their Belfast office.
Reporting to the Planning Accountant, the purpose of this role is to support the Finance and Trading Departments in all areas of profitability and margin reporting and to play a key role in the forecasting, budgeting and provision of support to the Finance function for business projects and initiatives.
The Financial Trading Analyst will be responsible for the production, analysis and distribution of key reports which are used to monitor and report on all aspects of profitability and margin performance to drive the business and provide value-adding financial and management information. Duties are as follows:
- Manage the preparation and distribution of weekly trading margins reports together with detailed supporting analysis/commentary for the trading team
- Assist in the preparation of weekly gross margin reconciliation including ensuring any significant variances are investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Manage the preparation of the periodic margin variance report including supporting variance analysis and present the results to the Finance & Trading team
- Manage the forecasting and budgeting process for all aspects of trading margins and supplier income, including the preparation of high quality trading margins, supplier income, promotions and price support forecast/budget schedules within the timeframes laid out in the forecast and budget timetables
- Provide challenge to forecast/budget trading targets to assist in driving continuous margin improvement
- Collate information and prepare required reports for presentation pack for all areas of margin and supplier income and present this information to the Planning Accountant, Retail Accounts Controller, Commercial Director & Finance Director
- Continuous review of trading reports to ensure they add value and provide appropriate level of analysis to the business.
- Provide sales, margin and supplier income information as required by other members of the trading, finance or supplier income teams e.g. for inclusion in board reports, Council meetings, department meetings etc
- Provide financial support for Trading as required, with focus on the following areas: retailer margin, supplier terms negotiations, promotions management, pricing & changes in supply chain
- Any other reports/information as requested by senior management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified accountant or finalist with membership/student membership of a professional accountancy body e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst, management accountant or similar role gained in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of margin reporting and variance analysis
- Previous experience of budget/forecasting preparation
- Strong IT Skills, in particular proficiency in Microsoft Excel and dealing with large data sets
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
For further information on this vacancy or any other Temporary Accountancy roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.