Financial Controller required for large company in Downpatrick. 5 years PQE. £50-60K
Financial Controller – Downpatrick – £50-60K
- Responsible for the production of all financial information to the operational management, and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide a weekly cash flow report, and weekly/monthly management accounts
- Management of the stock control process
- Reporting on standard costs and Standard Cost Variance Analysis
- Preparation of year-end financial statements
- Responsible for the continuing development of sound financial controls and procedures within the organisation.
- Process controls, product cost evaluation and pricing management.
- Implementing and adhering to financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain annual department and company budgets.
- To evaluate and review the company’s contractual obligations.
- Assess and reduce the company’s exposure to financial risk.
- To be involved in the development of the company’s IT strategy.
- Implement, monitor and update all statutory and legislative requirements in financial terms.
- To maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Oversee the Finance Department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, supervise finance staff
- Develop a Financial Management Information system, through providing all necessary financial reports as required by the Management team and the group’s directors, including Reporting of stock performance and stock levels against budget/target.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the Directors and Managers, and to make actionable recommendations on strategy.
- Develop relevant Key Performance Indicators, from which staff performance can be assessed relevant to overall business performance.
- Monitor the group’s banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow is maintained.
Develop the finance team procedures and raise awareness of financial management matters
- Proactive involvement in the management team, making proposals concerning financial business performance based on financial data and highlight to the directors / managers areas where improvements can be made.
- Expenditure control, consisting of responsibility for monitoring all company expenditure, including staff expenses, providing reports and recommendations to department managers and directors. This will involve reviewing expenses, invoices, etc; for errors and cost saving opportunities.
- Qualified Accountant in one of the following Accountancy bodies (CIMA / ACCA/ ACA). At least 5 year PQE.
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective, accurate and efficient systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven innovative capability, focussed on continuous improvement
- Evidence of good organisational, planning and time management abilities with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Experience within the food production industry
- Experience of managing delivery to high end multiple retailers
For more information, please call Karen Nicholson at NI Resourcing on 07734033430, or upload your CV through the link provided