Location UK / Craigavon/Lurgan Area
Job Type Permanent, Temporary full-time, TemporaryContract, Trainee
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 2 weeks ago
Supply Chain Finance Manager - Craigavon - 18-24 months
VanRath are pleased to be recruiting for a Supply Chain Finance Manager for a target employer, based in Craigavon. This is an exciting, high-profile role which will commence within a short turnaround time and will bring the successful candidate a rewarding and challenging post from the outset. In this role you will be working within a supportive, collaborative and fast-paced team environment and this will bring a market-leading remuneration package.
This role will report directly to the Finance Director and you will lead a team who provide a comprehensive and effective management accounting service to Procurement, Logistics and other non-Operations elements of Supply Chain. You will:
– ensure robust financial control, reliable performance measurement and proactive decision-support for business improvement opportunities.
– identify and implement improvements in the effectiveness of people, systems & processes, profit, working capital & cash and financial control.
The Ideal Person:
– Professional qualification with a relevant accountancy body (desirable, not essential if candidates have extensive FSSC background)
– A minimum of five years’ relevant experience and a proven understanding of finance shared service centres and the ability to drive change in the Finance function whilst embracing new technology.
– A minimum of three years’ management experience at a senior and strategic level including leading the development, implementation and monitoring of the finance function.
– be the finance business partner to the senior leadership team of Procurement, Logistics and other non-Operations elements of Supply Chain, and be the ‘go to’ colleague (& team) for non-Operations-related activities
– recruit, develop and motivate a high-performing accounting team, ensuring tasks are delegated appropriately, ensuring cross-cover for all tasks and succession planning for each role.
– ensure the timely preparation and interpretation (commentary) of weekly and monthly financial performance and KPIs with relevant comparisons to budget, forecast and standard but ensuring actual costs are visible.
– ensure the financial integrity of the numbers through regular review of provisions and management of ongoing assets and liabilities
– provide detailed analysis of factors affecting financial performance, movements in trends, and share information to bring insight and understanding to the leadership teams, thus promoting efficiency improvements and cost reductions.
– attend relevant meetings to communicate results and ensure the financial impact of activities in Procurement, Logistics and other areas is understood.
– support the Supply Chain teams with scenario analysis, evaluation of new opportunities, cost reduction studies and cost-benefit analyses of potential projects. Also, to identify opportunities for profit-improvement and working capital reduction.
– ad hoc duties as required
The Ideal Person
– Experience of ERP systems and MI reporting tools (e.g. Qlikview)
– Experience of Operations and/or Supply Chain functions
– Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or very capable QBE.
– Experience in an FMCG business with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines.
– Highly numerate, meticulous attention to detail and able to work unsupervised
– Highest levels of financial integrity and promoting a culture of transparency.
– Ability to identify and implement changes to systems and procedures, aligned with robust written procedures.
– Strong interpersonal, planning and diplomacy skills to build strong relationships and motivated to deliver a responsive, proactive service.
– Effective manager of people, able to delegate tasks but control quality through review processes.
– Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Negotiable dep. upon experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Damian Della Croce in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.