This is a highly responsible and key role of the business and a suitable remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate involving a suitable company vehicle.
Vickerstock are exclusively recruiting for an experienced CNC Field Service Engineer for our client based in Northern Ireland. You will be in charge off our clients customers across Ireland. This is the perfect opportunity to progress your career.
You will carry out efficiently and effectively the service and/or installation/commissioning and site training work, as directed by immediate supervisor/director or as organised by you. Positioning / Installation of Machine Rails Assemblies and Machine Beds.
- Installation of Machine Gantries on Rails and Bed Type Machines.
- Installation/Service & Inspection of Extraction / Filtration equipment.
- Commissioning of the complete range of machinery including the provision of initial customer training and support.
- Diagnostic / Fault Finding of complete installation including mechanical assemblies, CNC control systems, electrical systems and plasma/gas cutting systems.
- Electro/Mechanical and CNC fault finding of machinery and repair work as required.
- Direct liaison with customers on questions regarding invoicing queries etc.
- Maintain security of all company tooling and testing equipment at all times.
- All service documents to be completed on site, and explained to the customer in full, ensuring the customers’ agreement by obtaining a signature and relevant order cover.
- Co-operate with other employees and the customer in carrying out all duties.
- Ensure all service documents are returned to the office on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure that any commitments made to customers are either kept, or the customer is informed promptly of the reason why the commitment cannot be kept.
- To always inform customer of your arrival on and departure from site.
- Extensive travel throughout region and possibly to other parts of UK & the rest of the world on service / installation activities as directed.
- Attend machine demonstrations and exhibitions where required.
- Provide and support Aftersales Support visits and sales support activities as directed.
- Carry out machine modifications as directed by supervisor or director.
- Identify opportunities for product development and investigate as required.
- Involvement in machine training and the sale of machine training for customers as required.
- Offer technical support to customers on all company products.
- Produce reports as required by immediate supervisor.
- Telephone support; managing customer enquiries by telephone.
- Helping to develop and maintain plasma consumables and aftersales products.
- On this through the use of contracts and written agreements as required.
- Carrying out and organising internal repairs and organising Warranty Returns.
- Help Promote Chargeable Service and Support activities including Machine & Filtration Systems Service Contracts.
- Support with Demonstrations of equipment.
- Site Visits as required.
- Support with organising Exhibitions including participation as required.
- Other Administrative duties associated with the Service & Installation Department as directed by the Service Manager.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page