EMEA Professional Services Manager
Organisations across the globe rely on Workday services, support, optimisation, and consulting. We create solutions built on the Workday application that empower customers to become strategic HR organisations, then scales with them as they grow. To date, our client offers HR outsourcing, IT outsourcing, application optimisation, and consulting services to 500+ customers that represent more than 35 percent of Workday’s customer base.
The EMEA Professional Services Manager manages a team of consultants who are responsible for design, development and deployment. The role will provide oversight of all applicable deployments and strategy for team growth. They will excel in the ability to coach and train the Professional Services Financial team to ensure the highest level of services are met. This role will provide support to the EMEA Leadership Team to ensure positive execution of the EMEA growth strategy
- Lead the end to end life-cycle of all Financial Projects within EMEA.
- Manage progress and workload of the Financial team engaged in multiple simultaneous projects, adjusting resources, updating priorities and communicating status to leadership.
- Mentor the lead consultants on Financial projects from kick-off and discovery through requirements, design, development and testing to a successful delivery.
- Develop and grow strong and effective relationships with customers, vendors and Project Managers, Engagement Leaders and Delivery Leaders across Professional Services.
- Collaborate with sales and business development to assist in creating accurate estimates of work.
- Fanatical focus on quality of all individual and team tasks and constantly seek to strengthen quality of deliverable through use of industry and Workday best practices.
- Develop staff by creating and monitoring performance goals, facilitating professional development, recognising staff for significant accomplishments and growing individuals to help them achieve potential.
- Collaborate with HR and engage in the recruiting process by creating and maintaining job descriptions, interviewing candidates and on boarding new team members.
- Embrace change by continuously seeking opportunities to improve integration tools, methodologies and processes.
- Foster a creative environment where team members identify and implement new technologies and processes to more rapidly and efficiently deliver Financials projects and solve problems.
- Perform additional duties as directed by senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and multi-task in a fast pace changing environment.
- Proven success working in and/or leading teams using a structured deployment methodology.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate diverse teams – multi-company, cross-functional/remote teams – to deliver programs and projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain staff.
- Excellent organisational, mentoring, and communication skills.
- Results driven and able to achieve/exceed quarterly and annual goals.
- Passion for customer success.
- Strong problem solver.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business Degree in Management of Information Systems or Human Resources or relevant work experience required
- 5+ years consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a software consulting company and able to demonstrate evidence of assisting companies to improve the efficacy of their finance functions.
- Broad knowledge of key finance and accounting functions (including procurement, supplier and customer contracts) and ability to use this knowledge to prepare SOW’s and coach/develop others.
- Up to date Workday HCM/Payroll/Financial certification or additional certifications (or ability to attain within 3 months of joining).
- Minimum of 1 full life-cycle financial implementation.
- Experience in working in Financial deployments using applications such as Workday, PeopleSoft, Resource Link or SAP.
- Working knowledge and language of financial accounting, procurement, business assets, and supplier and customer contracts. (ACCA/CIMA or related qualifications beneficial).
- Experience with Workday’s deployment methodology.
- Additional Workday domain certifications a plus.
- Advanced degree a plus.
This is a fantastic and rewarding role, great benefits whilst working in a modern, funky and relaxed environment. To have a chat about this role in strict confidence please contact Curtis Stewart on 028 9033 0250 or email: