Experienced Electrical Site Supervisor required for leading M&E Contractor. Competitive salary. Some travel may be required.
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with a Tier 1 Mechanical & Electrical Contractor based in Northern Ireland to recruit an experienced Electrical Site Supervisor to help strengthen their team.
This is an ideal opportunity for a career orientated individual to join a growing and ambitious contractor that have secured a number of new contracts across Northern Ireland and the U.K.
The successful candidate will be working on large high-value development projects across a variety of sectors which includes Residential, Retail, Commercial, Education, Health and Sports & Leisure sectors.
Electrical Site Supervisor Criteria:
- 3rd level degree in Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Building Services or relevant HND/HNC construction related qualification.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in similar role within a construction based environment, working on projects over £3+ million in value.
- Time served as an electrician is beneficial.
- CSCS Card – Supervisor.
- Full UK Driver Licence.
Electrical Site Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a high-performance team of electrical contractors and sub-contractors on site, through the application of good management principles and practices.
- Ensure full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
- Upon commencement of any given project carry out a full review of the site Health & Safety files.
- Carry out the Health & Safety processes in line with company’s policies and procedures (such as safety inductions, review of risk assessments and method statements, checking and verifying the site team’s credentials to ensure their competence, ensure PPE standards are maintained, tool box talks are conducted and recorded).
- Ensure all works on project are carried out in accordance with the agreed specification/drawings and to all correct appropriate engineering standards, good working practices and current legislation.
- Assist in procurement by making material requisitions as required, and in good time to reach site by sending these to the office for action and ordering.
- Assist in the problem-solving of clashes on site, by speaking to the teams affected in a sensible manner, whilst always bringing these issues to the attention of the Project/Contract Engineers, whether it be mechanical or electrical.
- Review the weekly progress of both the proceeding trades and our own works, record this and send to the Contract Engineers on a weekly basis. Photographs of progress are to be scheduled and added to each report, identifying the area of incomplete works.
- Work proactively with all members of the site team (both client and subcontractors) to encourage a good working atmosphere, and at all times projecting the best image for the Company.
For additional information on this vacancy contact Melody Humphreys on 02890 313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.