Director NPD Downpatrick
At Finnebrogue we are experiencing unrivalled growth. We are searching for candidates who wish to be part of a growing and thriving business, where you can be the best you can ever be.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be instrumental in building and delivering the innovation strategy to deliver market leading products. You will use your NPD expertise to identify and translate food trends into new product ranges. Being part of the executive team will mean you can help shape and influence the direction of the business.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the strategic direction of NPD through market analysis and innovation.
- Project manage from concept to launch assessing ways to drive growth and innovation which unlock new opportunities.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with a vast cross-section of customers and suppliers.
- Persuasively presenting to and influencing your customers and colleagues you will demonstrate a thorough understanding of their requirements through solutions which also meet business objectives and product margins.
- Effectively lead and manage the NPD team and coordinate the training and development programme, encouraging your team of passionate foodies to be the best they can be.
- Ensure that Best Practice is adhered to within the Development function.
- Monitor and benchmark EPD and NPD, implementing continuous improvements as necessary.
- Develop NPD calendar of activity with each key account from a short, medium and long term perspective.
The successful canddiate will demononstrate:
- A passionate foodie, excited by opportunities to innovate
- Experience leading a successful NPD Team within the Food Industry
- Proven track record of building relationships with major retail multiples
- Evidence of working with ingredient and packaging suppliers to identify and complete improvements
- Commercially focused
- Evidence of effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management abilities