Excellent opportunity for a Cloud Security Engineer – Northern Ireland based in Belfast/Derry/Londonderry
Title: Cloud Security Engineer – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll design and build cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure while ensuring Allstate is protected against ongoing and potential security threats. This role requires the ability to understand/synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to understand new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Oversee and develop the platform as a service and application hosting environments aligning them with business strategies and requirements while adhering to the Cloud Security Framework
- Represents developers and key customers in the product design and lifecycle process
- Champions the engineering practices and helping teams define and setup frameworks for infrastructure as code and automation
- Contribute to engineering practices around test driven and continuous delivery of infrastructure
- Define and develop new products and services that provides functions-“as-a-service” to developers and customers; championing a seamless user experience for direct customers
- Develop strategy for application and infrastructure monitoring for platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends and direction
- Champion technology and open source technology internal and external to the company
- Recommend and maintain technology and security related policies and procedures
- Provide support for both infrastructure and cloud platform services; and support for different development teams using the platform
- Operate the continuous delivery framework and tools, and act as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud based platforms) that supports the different platform services
- Write and build continuous delivery pipelines to manage and automate the lifecycle of the different platform components
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Splunk, Evident and OMS.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application
- Candidates should clearly state on their application form how they meet each of the essential criteria as these will be assessed during shortlisting and determine if the candidate will move forward to the next stage.
- 5+ years of application development or infrastructure engineering experience
- Able to mentor different team across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Hands-on style – willingness and competent in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Will be working primarily in an Extreme Programming environment and must be willing to work in a pair programming/engineering model
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Hands on experience working on public cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP, and/or experience working on virtualization technologies
- Actual experience doing infrastructure programming using PowerShell, Python or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working on infrastructure automation technologies like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, PowerShell DSC
- Experience with the setup and configuration of logging, monitoring and alerting for large scale distributed systems or cloud platforms (i.e. Splunk, Evident, OMS, or equivalent)
- Experience working on continuous integration systems like Concourse or Jenkins particularly in deploying and managing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure including networking, storage, virtualisation, Linux administration, etc
- Knowledge of Office 365, configuration and security best practice
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
Hours of Work:
- Flexibility required to meet business needs
Apply by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: Friday 17th August 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.