Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
The Market Treasury Finance Desk (MTFD) support group provides technical and business support for Citi’s global Finance Desk. Support teams are located in multiple regions; Belfast, Shanghai, India and Mississauga.
The ‘Markets Treasury Finance Desk Application Suite’ application hosts web based components and Informational business content for G10 Market Treasury and Finance Desk trading and related business areas. The ‘Finance Workstation’ application is a trade capture system used by Global Finance Products area for capturing Repos, Buy/sellbacks, Borrow/Loans and some Money market transactions.
We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will work as part of the Markets Treasury and Finance Desk support team based in Belfast. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
You will have the opportunity to further develop knowledge of financial markets, and work closely with other technology partners globally – helping to drive and track projects around stability and service improvement, incident resolution and follow-up activities and providing strategic technical solutions
Candidate will also have the opportunity to manage projects implementing and maintaining automated tools and monitoring solutions used by the Support team.
• Provide user and batch support for trade booking application ‘Finance Workstation’, ‘Positions’ and Risk application ‘Market Treasury’
• Start of day checks, continuous monitoring of application and underlying infrastructure
• Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
• Develop and maintain technical support documentation
• Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors
• Participate in application releases, testing and deployment into production
• Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates
• Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency and Effectiveness initiatives.
• You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
• Chance to work as part of a global team
• Gain experience in liaising with Trading/Sales and Middle Office Counterparts.
• Opportunity in expanding skillset in established technologies such as TIBCO EMS/Oracle/Unix/Linux
• Working knowledge of Sybase SQL. (Able to build ad hoc SQL queries)
• Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/Linux). (Able to navigate the system and know the core administration functions)
• IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modelling skills)
• Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets and products.
• Coding / scripting experience preferable (any language)
• Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Netagent.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• IT (spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
• Job scheduling tool such as Autosys
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools such as JIRA
• Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
• Good all-round PC skills. (I.e. Windows OS / Networks / General Hardware)
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Third level qualification in a computer/business related discipline.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer