Ambitious and dynamic accountant required for Global company's Belfast base.
Client Services Accountant
CPL is delighted to be recruiting for a Client Services Accountant on behalf of an esteemed Global Financial Services Organisation. The Client Services Accountant will be joining an established finance team and this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Accountant who wishes to make the move from practice or Financial Services to join a dynamic business.
- Day to day responsibility for the management of designated Private Equity or Real Estate Clients
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Work closely with your line Manager and Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds’ reporting requirements, eg UK GAAP or IFRS
- Review drawdown calculations to ensure accuracy of figures as Funds seek access to their commitments from investors
- Review distribution calculations to ensure the flow of funds from the sale of an investment are accurately recorded so that proceeds are appropriately allocated and paid to investors
- Ensure the accurate communication of all cash movements between the Fund and its Investors through the issuance of relevant notices to investors
- Oversee the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables including agreeing time tables with Clients, and thereafter monitoring progress against these to ensure deliverables are on track
- Conduct weekly Client calls with CFO or Financial controller to ensure open and effective communication at all times
- Responsible for the training and development of junior team members. Lead staff appraisals, effectively providing feedback, support and setting objectives
- Gain a good understanding of the accounting framework for each designated client (as prescribed in the Fund’s legal documentation, the LPA) and ensure the movement of funds and transactions are treated in accordance with this framework
- Contribute ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience of providing services to clients and managing client relationships
- Experience in training and mentoring more inexperience members of the team
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- Knowledge of the private equity industry is desirable but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and data manipulation
- Confident and possess a “can-do” attitude with a high work ethic suitable for a growing company.
Negotiable depending on experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy job please apply via the link below or contact Darrach Teague in the strictest confidence on 02890725622