Excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a market leading engineering / manufacturing company based in the Ballygawley area. Salary is up to £30k, 10% bonus, 7% pension, 33 days holiday and overtime paid in lieu.
Based in the Ballygawley area my client is an engineering / manufacturing company who manufacture quarry machinery for the global market. They are one of the best companies to work for in County Tyrone and they are currently seeking to recruit a Buyer to join an already strong procurement team.
Role – Buyer
- To provide a strong purchasing and procurement support function to all areas ensuring continuity and efficiency of production.
- To identify and then act on actual and potential shortages ensuring full ownership is taken of remedial action.
- Raise purchase orders and ensure these are placed in line with demand.
- At all times when undertaking buying activity on behalf of the Company ensure that the terms and conditions of business are in the interests of the Company.
- Ensure adherence to the SMC purchasing policy and Code of Conduct.
- Take responsibility for design changes and special/one off parts in terms of obtaining re-specification of parts then pricing, ordering and delivery. Ensure that design changes are followed through to ensure continuity of parts and production.
- Expedite procured items to minimize production disruption.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers and implement performance improvement plans when necessary
- Undertake specific procurement related projects to drive down prices and ensure maximum value and terms.
- Support Sourcing Specialists in identifying, evaluating and negotiating prices with new suppliers
Person – Buyer
- Have recent experience working as a buyer within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Ability to work flexibly to meet demanding deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to lead negotiations on commercial ts&cs
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is up to £30,000
- 10% Bonus
- 7% Pension
- 33 days holiday
- Overtime paid in lieu
For a confidential conversation regarding this buyer job contact James Coulter on the number to your left. Alternatively send your CV by applying below.
C-Tech Recruitment are an engineering and manufacturing recruitment agency with 14 years technical recruitment experience specialising in the Northern Ireland market.